One of the great things about Google Maps is that Google’s popular navigation app works similarly across devices. Load the web version of Google Maps or the Android or iPhone apps, and you get essentially the same features. That ensures a smooth, seamless navigation experience across devices. And while some features might land on Android first, Google is aiming for feature parity between the two mobile operating systems.
But then, some hyperlocal features can’t be replicated everywhere in the world. It’s not about Google’s inability to port the Maps novelties to iPhone in those cases. Take the new earthquake monitoring feature that’s rolling out in phases in international markets. Or the recent Maps update that brings Street View experiences to Sydney train and metro stations. These are the kind of features that only Maps users in specific regions will get to experience. And Google just rolled out another limited Google Maps functionality that can’t be expanded to more markets anytime soon: Support for the Waymo One driverless taxi service.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- This actually stops mosquito bites from itching, and it’s only $10 at Amazon
- Amazon shoppers are obsessed with these $20 sneakers that have 15,000 5-star reviews
- Bluetooth headphones with 89,000 5-star Amazon ratings are somehow down to $26
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Sunday: $5.60 LED smart bulbs, free $10 Amazon credit, $133 portable projector, more
Trending Right Now:
- Thousands of tiny ‘alien’ blobs washed ashore, and the photos are incredible
- $3,600 in new stimulus checks is coming sooner than you think – here’s when
- These are the 10 shows everyone is binge-watching right now on HBO Max, Netflix, and more
Originally published at https://bgr.com/tech/google-maps-features-waymo-one-integration-5929732/ on .