Google might never be able to stop phishing scams altogether, but it can certainly make them easier to spot. In a blog post last week, Google revealed support for a new security feature is finally rolling out for Gmail. Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI) is an industry standard that attempts to bring stronger sender authentication to the email ecosystem. Google first announced a pilot program last July, but now BIMI appears to be ready for primetime.
Today’s Top Deal
The post Google’s new Gmail security feature could save you from phishing attacks appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- 5 amazing Apple deals that everyone’s swarming to get on Amazon
- Roborock’s powerful new Dyson vacuum rival just got its first big Amazon discount
- 10 Amazon deals that are so exclusive, only Prime members can get them
- Amazon’s coolest Alexa device you’ve never heard of is down to $19.99 right now
Trending Right Now:
- A brand new Bruce Willis movie you’ve never heard of is dominating Netflix
- Marvel made the finales of ‘Loki’ and ‘WandaVision’ sync up perfectly, and we almost missed it
- More people are about to get a surprise IRS refund soon
Originally published at https://bgr.com/tech/googles-new-gmail-security-feature-could-save-you-from-phishing-attacks/ on .