At WWDC 2021 a few days ago, Apple made it clear that the iPhone maker is doubling down on its commitment to privacy with future software updates, like the slew of privacy-related improvements coming to iOS 15 later this year. Among other things, those forthcoming changes will make it harder for marketers to snoop on users they send emails to, and the things that people do on the web will be obscured even more from prying eyes — to say nothing of recent Apple enhancements like App Tracking Transparency, which lets iPhone users tell apps like Facebook to stop spying on things they do on the web outside of Facebook.
But even the best of intentions from a company that values user privacy, however, can’t save those same users from themselves. Meaning, there are plenty of mobile apps a person could install onto their devices that can negate some or even much of the work that Apple is trying to accomplish here.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- 5 best Amazon Prime Day deals you can already get today
- Amazon’s early Prime Day Roomba deals are so good, they’re starting to sell out
- Amazon’s best early Prime Day deal is hidden where most people can’t find it
- This classy bathroom upgrade went mega-viral on TikTok – Amazon has it for $15
Trending Right Now:
- 2.3 million new stimulus checks just went out – find out if you’re getting one
- You might be able to get up to $25,000 in stimulus checks – here’s how
- New $3,600 stimulus payments are coming – do this so you don’t miss out
Originally published at https://bgr.com/tech/mobile-apps-privacy-delete-these-services-from-your-phone-5931243/ on .