In an intriguing turn of events, Apple rolled out iOS 14.8 and iPadOS 14.8 on Monday — just one day before the official reveal event for the iPhone 13 is set to take place. Unlike most of Apple’s software updates, there was no beta testing period for iOS 14.8. We are not entirely sure why this is the case, but the update clearly doesn’t add any major new features. Rather, Apple says iOS 14.8 “provides important security updates and is recommended for all users.”
In 2019, Apple released iOS 13 one day before the iPhone 11 started shipping. In all likelihood, Apple will roll out the final release of iOS 15 within the next few days. Feel free to update to iOS 14.8 in the meantime, but considering the lack of testing, it might be worth waiting a few days.
Today’s Top Deal
The post iOS 14.8 now available one day ahead of Apple’s iPhone 13 event appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon’s deal on Samsung Galaxy Buds Live is ridiculously good
- HBO Max vs Netflix: See all the blockbuster movies coming to HBO Max
- Black Friday came early for Blink cameras at Amazon, with prices from $25
- Control your TV with Alexa for $19.99 thanks to this Amazon deal
Trending Right Now:
- New stimulus checks are coming this week – here’s when you’ll get one
- This is the nerve-shredding new Netflix horror series everyone will be talking about next week
- Apple’s iPhone 13 launches tomorrow, but you can see it right now in this stunning video
Originally published at https://bgr.com/tech/ios-14-8-now-available-one-day-ahead-of-apples-iphone-13-event/ on .