Microsoft’s first dual-screen Android smartphone has largely been a flop. Announced months ahead of its summer 2020 launch, the device featured 2019 hardware in an otherwise pleasing design. But add to that the subpar software experience, the lack of a competitive camera, and the $1,399 price tag, and you can understand why reviewers weren’t happy with Microsoft’s efforts.
Microsoft has since cut the first-gen Surface Duo’s price significantly and even gave it an Xbox game streaming feature. The device’s second screen turns the handset into a rather formidable portable gaming device.
Microsoft isn’t done making smartphones and plans to launch a second-generation Surface Duo this year that will reportedly fix the worst things about the first model. The Surface Duo 2, a name that Microsoft hopefully avoids, will launch in the second half of the year if this leak is accurate.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- 10 incredible early Prime Day deals that are about to end at Amazon
- I never want to cook again without this great gadget – and it’s only $35 at Amazon
- Amazon’s early Prime Day Roomba deals are so good, they’re starting to sell out
- 5 best Amazon Prime Day deals you can already get today
Trending Right Now:
- If you care about privacy, delete these 4 apps from your phone
- You might be able to get up to $25,000 in stimulus checks – here’s how
- 2.3 million new stimulus checks just went out – find out if you’re getting one
Originally published at https://bgr.com/tech/microsoft-surface-duo-2-release-date-late-2021-specs-price-5931264/ on .