Mid-April brought a steady stream of iPhone 13 design leaks from sources who had access to purported schematics, including 3D-printed mockups based on those designs. All four unconfirmed iPhone 13 designs leaked in a matter of days, painting the same overall picture: the new iPhones will look just like their predecessors. We’re talking about the same flat-screen, flat-edged design that the iPhone 12 series introduced. But all iPhone 13 models will feature a few notable changes. The iPhone 13 handset will be slightly thicker, and it’ll feature enlarged rear camera modules and thicker cameras. Several reports have also said that the iPhone 13 notch will be smaller than the one on the iPhone 12 series.
The iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini leaks also indicated that Apple plans to rearrange the rear cameras, going from a vertical placement to a diagonal arrangement for the non-Pro models. This prompted speculation at the time that there might be a good reason for Apple to redesign the appearance of the rear camera. It’s not about cosmetics but rather improving functionality while also managing space constraints.
On top of all that, the iPhone 13 was already rumored to get a significant camera upgrade this year, and the redesign supported that notion. Fast-forward to today, and a potential supply chain leak further reinforces those rumors.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- Viral TikTok shows a brilliant $2 trick to keep your lettuce fresh for a month
- Study says this one thing is 20x more likely to help you sleep than anything else – and it’s only $20
- Over 1M people bought this $60 thermometer in 2020 – today, Amazon has it for $17
- Wyze Cam v3 has an awesome feature that colorizes night vision – and it’s just $33 at Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- New $1,400 stimulus checks were just sent out – here’s how to see if you get one
- There’s a new secret stimulus check coming – and you have to ask or you won’t get one
- A dead Avenger is coming back to the MCU, but this time he’ll play a villain
Originally published at https://bgr.com/tech/iphone-13-rumors-sensor-shift-ois-camera-upgrade-5928104/ on .