At some point during WWDC 2021, which kicks off on Monday, Apple will likely share metrics touting Apple’s customer satisfaction numbers as well as overall user loyalty to the iPhone maker and its ecosystem. Those data points will fit in nicely with the rest of the always highly anticipated keynote from Cook and other Apple execs on Monday, and when the next generation of Apple’s operating software for products like the iPhone is revealed.
It should go without saying, though, that customer loyalty is not absolute and unchanging, even for a product like the iPhone and for a company like Apple. The iPhone vs Android contest may have been settled a long time ago, given Android’s supremacy across most of the world, but Apple nevertheless submitted some very interesting internal company documentation along these lines during the recent Epic Games trial, ostensibly to show that Apple is not the quasi-monopolistic bully that the maker of Fortnite tried to present it as. What the documents showed is that on a quarterly basis, at least for the fairly recent snapshot of time that Apple focused on in these documents, that somewhere around 20% of Apple customers, and sometimes a bit more than that, are jumping ship on a quarterly basis and essentially switching teams, leaving iOS and moving to Android.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon’s early Prime Day sale has begun – here are all the best deals
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Sunday: $5.60 LED smart bulbs, free $10 Amazon credit, $133 portable projector, more
- The trick in this viral TikTok is so brilliant – do it yourself for $45 at Amazon
- Amazon shoppers are obsessed with these $20 sneakers that have 15,000 5-star reviews
Trending Right Now:
- Everything coming and going on Netflix: Week of June 6th
- Thousands of tiny ‘alien’ blobs washed ashore, and the photos are incredible
- A cataclysmic die-off nearly wiped out all sharks 19 million years ago
Originally published at https://bgr.com/tech/iphone-vs-android-reason-why-apple-customers-switch-5929737/ on .