June in tech usually means one thing and one thing alone. Apple holds its annual WWDC event in the early days of the month, where it unveils software updates for its many operating systems including iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. The iPhone is the show’s main star, and the iOS update is the most exciting news that comes out of the developer conference each year. The first beta launches for developers soon after that, which is when users get to test the first new iOS features.
This year, it’s iOS 15 supposed to be the main attraction at WWDC 2021. But Microsoft might do something that will force some attention away from Apple’s newest software innovations. Windows is finally ready to move up a notch, making the jump from Windows 10 to Windows 11. That’s something we didn’t think would happen anytime soon, but Microsoft is apparently ready to move on from its current OS. According to a top leaker, Windows 11 will be unveiled later this month, a little over two weeks after the WWDC 2021 keynote.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon shoppers are obsessed with these $20 sneakers that have 15,000 5-star reviews
- Brilliant $6 Amazon find from a viral TikTok fixes holes in your walls in seconds
- This actually stops mosquito bites from itching, and it’s only $10 at Amazon
- Today’s best deals: Free money for Prime members, $4 smart plugs, gorgeous $60 diamond earrings, $10 mosquito bite miracle, more
Trending Right Now:
- $3,600 in new stimulus checks is coming sooner than you think – here’s when
- Netflix just canceled this $200 million series after one season
- Humans have ‘untapped’ ability to regenerate body parts, scientists say
Originally published at https://bgr.com/tech/windows-11-launch-event-date-june-24th-microsoft-teaser-5929701/ on .