The proliferation of 5G has begun, and in the coming years, every smartphone on the market will support the speedy technology standard. Unfortunately, there will be one major casualty in the wake of 5G as virtually every major carrier in the US prepares to phase out support for 3G. AT&T will seemingly be the first carrier to follow through with its plan — the company’s support site says the 3G network will be gone by February 2022.
AT&T goes on to explain that talk and data services won’t work on phones, tablets, and smartwatches that don’t support at least 4G LTE and HD Voice. Thankfully, AT&T has published a comprehensive list of every phone that will still be compatible with its network after next February. You can click on that link to see the PDF, but we’ve also shared every phone on the list below.
Today’s Top Deal
🚨 Price mistake alert 🚨 Coupon code H7RT953B plus an accidental extra discount slash #1 smart plugs to $3.75!
Today’s Top Deals
- Memorial Day sales 2021: Our 10 favorite Amazon deals
- Today’s best deals: Memorial Day Instant Pot sale, Roomba deals, $3.75 smart plugs, $18 Wi-Fi extender, $20 Fire TV Blaster, more
- Last chance: Amazon price mistake cuts smart plugs with 52K 5-star reviews to $3.75
- This viral grocery shopping hack from TikTok only takes one $18 purchase at Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Everyone’s talking about this ‘Avengers: Endgame’ plot hole, but we can explain it easily
- Earth is basically swallowing this town in California
- Apple issued a serious warning to all iPhone users – read it right here
Originally published at https://bgr.com/tech/att-3g-network-shutdown-phones-work-5928268/ on .